We want the very best for all children at Weeth and recognise that this is possible only if we work closely with parents. We encourage parents to contact us if they have any problems, concerns or questions at any time. If you wish to discuss any aspect of your child’s welfare or education, the class teacher is usually available after school. Occasionally, this may not be possible, in which case an alternative time can be arranged. The Headteacher is available most mornings before school or an appointment can be made by phoning the school.
Parent interviews are held at least twice during the year when parents are able to have a private meeting with the class teacher to discuss their child’s progress. Meetings for parents to inform and discuss issues occur at various times during the school year.
We welcome parental help in a variety of ways….
- assistance in the classrooms. Parents can make a very worthwhile contribution to the activities undertaken in the classroom. (e.g. Art, ICT etc.)
- school events. Parental help on visits and at school events is extremely important. These visits would be impossible without help from parents and friends.
- making and repairing apparatus at home. If you have a creative talent or a craft skill, please contact your child’s class teacher if you would like to share it with us.
- fund raising. The school has to operate within a limited budget. Our “Friends of Weeth” fundraising group plays a very important role in supplementing our income to help provide “extras” for the children. Watch out for newsletters!
- extra-curricular clubs. Some parents are able to offer time and expertise to run a weekly club. See the Headteacher, if you would like to be involved.